Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, many, if not all of our planned events for the 2020 season have been cancelled or rescheduled. While we will leave this calendar up in the hopes of a rapid return to life-as-it-was, we cannot and will not urge a premature decision to risk the health of others. The BadgerBrigade has always advocated for safety and responsibility, so regardless of your thoughts on policies, we hope you take steps to protect those who may be at-risk while we all sit on the sidelines and wait for life as we knew it to resume. Stay safe, racers!
The Grip Drivers
The Badger Brigade has one full-time grip driver, Suzy Valdivia (Swazilla), although that doesn’t stop the HoneyBadger from taking her Monster out for a spin, because sharing is caring and, as we know, HoneyBadger don’t care. There are talks of building a new Badger Brigade grip car in the near future, but as of now, the Monster stands alone.
Although there are several more events on the Grip Calendar than the Drift or Drag Calendar, the faithfulness to the calendar varies much more due to the increased cost of attendance and travel (tracks range from ThunderHill Raceway in Willows, CA, to Chuckwalla Raceway in Desert Center, CA – a 655 miles, 10-hour spread in the best conditions).
Below is our 2020 Grip Calendar and we aim for the stars. Links to individual event organizers are available as well for those intending to step to the Badger Brigade.
2020 Grip Schedule
- January 25 – Buttonwillow Raceway (Speed Ventures)
- February 22/23 – Thunderhill 3 Mile (Speed SF)
- March 14/15 – Thunderhill 2 Mile (Speed SF)
- April 4/5 – Buttonwillow Raceway (Speed Ventures)
- May 9/10 – Streets of Willow (Speed Ventures)
- June 12/13/14 – Laguna Seca Raceway (Speed Ventures)
- July 25/26 – Buttonwillow Raceway (Speed Ventures)
- August 15/16 – Fontana ACS (Speed Ventures)
- August 23 – Thunderhill 2 Mile (OnGrid)
- Sept 26/72 – Streets of Willow (Speed Ventures)
- October 17/18 – Buttonwillow Raceway (Speed Ventures)
- October 31 – Streets of Willow (Speed Ventures)
- November 21/22 – Chuckwalla Raceway (Speed Ventures)
- December 12/13 – Willow Springs (Speed Ventures)